AHEC staff is currently working from our new location on Highland Avenue, with teacher and community programs being hosted on-site. We are currently taking limited group tours and will be open by appointment to the general public soon. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205.795.4176.
- This event has passed.
Teacher Workshop: Basics of Teaching the Holocaust: US Holocaust Memorial Museum Guidelines and Timeline
Thursday, February 2 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Location: Alabama Holocaust Education Center
Teaching history responsibility requires a high level of sensitivity and awareness of the complexity of the subject matter. Teaching the Holocaust is no exception. The Museum guidelines provide scaffolding for teaching about the Holocaust and reflect approaches appropriate for respectful teaching in general.
Details about the workshop:
- Workshop is free
- Snacks will be available
- 2-hour of CEU credits available through PowerSchool (AL Teachers)
- Certificates of Completion will be provided
- Teachers will receive copies of the following books upon completion:
- Salvaged Pages: Young Writers’ Diaries of the Holocaust by Alexandra Zapruder
- State of Deception: The Power of Nazi Propaganda by Susan Bachrach and Steven Luckert
- The World Must Know: The History of the Holocaust as Told in the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum by Michael Berenbaum
Registration is required
- Registration is limited to 25 teachers
PowerSchool Section #464329
Parking is available in the deck behind Temple Emanu-El. Access is from the alley off Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. South (21st Street South).
Please park on level 2 or above.