Gain experience in crafting, maintaining, and updating the key resources involved in non-profit management, including policies and procedures, employee handbooks, board member communications, bylaws and donor databases.
Support the AHEC staff with donor database management (GiftWorks), office administration, board correspondence, and policies & procedures. As a young organization experiencing transition and growth, we need multitasking interns who are interested in ALL aspects of running a nonprofit from clerical work to assisting in donor relations.
- Learn the donor database, GiftWorks as well as Quickbooks
- Updating office policies & procedures
- Updating the Employee Handbook and by laws
- Help in board meetings and taking board minutes
- Help in board member communications
Undergraduate, Recent Graduate, or Graduate Student
Area of Study
Public Administration or Nonprofit Management
(recommended, but not required*)
- Strong desire to work hard and engage in hands-on learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy and internet proficiency
- Organizational skills required
* Any academic or class credits for this internship must be approved by your instructor who must communicate directly with the Outreach Coordinator throughout the internship.